Every Wednesday, 7:00 pm to 9:15 pm (exceptions for holidays, bad weather, etc)
Harvest Baptist Church, 7493 Old Mill Trail, Boulder
COVID vaccinations required for all players. Masks optional.
Mar 22: No rehearsal!
Mar 29: First rehearsal
Concert Date: Saturday, May 20, 4-6 pm
Where: United Church of Christ, 1500 9th Ave, Longmont
Dress Rehearsal: Friday, May 19, 7-9 pm
Where: UCC, concert location
Symphony No. 3, Op. 78 (Saint Saëns)
Organ Concerto in F, HWV 292 (Handel) – strings, oboe, bassoon only
Use the first set of parts, the 1956 edition
Let us know what you want to play!
Specific pieces, eras/genres, and general theme suggestions are welcome.
Lady Alexandria, original ballet composed by our bassist Salvador Marmolejo
Fall Concert – October
Symphony No. 9 (Beethoven) – to be confirmed, but start practicing now!
- Print and bring their own music (links above)
- Bring their own stands
- Contribute $5 to $10 per rehearsal, to the extent they feel they can (tax deductible)
- Show up in a timely manner, warmed up and ready to play at 7:00
- Provide section contact, mailing list coordinator, and roster-keeper with full name, email, and daytime phone number
- Coordinate with their section contacts regarding covering their parts during absences, and regarding last-minute communications (e.g. cancellations due to weather)
- Generally help set up and clean up rehearsal space
- Communicate to their section contact their commitment to performing (or not performing) a particular concert, within the first 3 weeks of a rehearsal cycle.
- Within understandable family and work constraints, avoid missing too many rehearsals.
- Members are also encouraged to participate in the King Soopers/Safeway card program to the benefit of FCO.
See the Players Handbook for complete orchestra policies.
Instructions for Printing Music from IMSLP
- Follow the link provided
- Scroll down to the heading “Sheet Music”
- Click the “Parts” tab under “Sheet Music” (or it may say something like “Arrangements and Transcriptions”)
- The first section might say something like “Flute 1 2” followed by “13 More”. Click on “More” and scroll down to your part
- This will take you to a page that asks to to acknowledge that the music is in the public domain. Click on “I accept this disclaimer, continue to download file” link
- This will take you to a countdown page where they ask you for money. Donate if you like, IMSLP has been great for us! Otherwise just wait a few seconds.
- Ignore the ad in a box at the top that says START DOWNLOAD
- Just under the ad, after the countdown, click on “Click here to continue your download.”
- Now you should be at a printable PDF. Yes this is a little involved but you’ll get used to it after a couple of times.
Join a Volunteer Committee
In addition to the Board, various volunteer committees assist with planning concerts and running the orchestra. This includes suggesting music repertoire and concert dates, finding concert venues and soloists, advertising and promotion, setup and cleanup at rehearsals, and all the logistics involved in putting on our concerts.